I’ve been nominated again. This time for the Reality Blog Award and the Sunshine Blog Award. Wow. Here in my little world I just travel, and take photos, and write, and hope people are interested. Some are, some aren’t. That’s how it goes. So when I get nominated for awards I’m thrilled and amazed and pleased to discover that people are not only interested but actually enjoy what I do. It also inspires me, and I really hope I can pass along some of the joy to other bloggers. I know I’m supposed to answer some questions. I’ll get to that. First I have to give a big shout out to http://feckthisshit.com/about/ for nominating me. As I’ve said in previous posts – he’s not always pretty, but boy is he funny.
In turn I’d like to nominate http://ivonnemontijo.wordpress.com/about/ – for her searing story about an affair gone wrong. I haven’t read it all though I look forward to doing that. And the big personality that shines through.
http://5writers5novels5months.com/about/ – Honestly I haven’t had enough time to really look into this blog, but I love the idea. Don recommended it. Five writers got together with a challenge – write a novel each in five months, and inspire each other, and blog about the process. I look forward to deeper exploration of this blog too.
http://www.themodernnomad.com/about/ – travel stories and tips for the modern nomad.
http://s3city.com/about/ – beautiful evocative photography, one at a time, all in Moscow, sometimes a little story to go with the photo.
http://zubariaasma.wordpress.com/about/ – A very positive blog. If you’re whining about anything go here.
http://52suburbs.com/about/ – more beautiful evocative photography, and stories to go with them. This woman is photographing the ordinary suburbs of big cities – the places tourists don’t go – and makes you want to go there. A glimpse into real life.
http://myfirstblogeverforcyclists.wordpress.com/about/ – I’ve nominated these guys before. I love reading their stories. They’re in India at the moment. They’re cycling from Europe to Asia!
Sunshine Blog Award questions
1. Who is your favourite philosopher? Adyashanti – google him.
2. What is your favourite number? I don’t play favourites.
3. What is your favourite animal? Not even with animals.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter links? No twitter.
5. What is your favourite time of day? any time I’m not feeling tired, and even then it’s okay.
6. What is your favourite holiday? everyday
7. What is your favourite physical activity? walking/hiking
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? English tea with milk and sugar.
9. What is your favourite flower? I don’t play favourites. Except when I do.
10. What is your passion? life!
Reality Blog Award questions
1. If you could change one thing, what would you change? Seriously, nothing.
2. If you could repeat an age, what would it be? I don’t want any do-overs. It all may not have been easy but it has all been perfect.
3. What one thing really scares you? Lots of little things, but it comes and goes. I try to not hold on to fear, or let it get in my way. OTOH seriously threatened with grievous bodily harm would probably scare the sh*t out of me.
4. What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it? Write a book. We plan to do it – to write about being nomads.
5. If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be? But I’m just finally getting used to being me!
All words and images by Alison Louise Armstrong unless otherwise noted.
© Alison Louise Armstrong and Adventures in Wonderland – a pilgrimage of the heart, 2010-2015.