Having been nominated twice for the Liebster Blog Award I’m required to answer some questions.
First, thank you Manboy at Feck This Shit I’m Outta Here for the nomination. And thanks to you, since you also nominated me for the Inspiring Blogger Award, I get two award nominations in one week. Now that’s inspiring.
Feckthisshit is one of the funniest blogs I’ve ever read – it’s about travelling in India and SE Asia, written with the best of Irish wit. Take a look at it.
The questions from Manboy are:
1. Which would you prefer to own. A double sided lightsaber or a hovercraft? Discuss in detail.
My first thought was a lightsaber, for the coolness factor, plus no-one else would have one so I’d be all powerful. And who needs a hovercraft? Then I thought ooooohhhh, he means a Luke-Skywalker-go-anywhere-over-land-or-water type hovercraft. Now that would be cool. That kind of freedom to move? That’s my choice. Who needs a lightsaber?
2. What is the best destination you’ve ever been to?
Manboy, you know it’s about the journey, not the destination. Groan.
To answer seriously – Paris/Cinque Terre/Venice/Great Barrier Reef/Cook Islands/Uluru/Byron Bay/Nerja/Sapa/Hanoi/Jodhpur/Bali/London/Ha Long Bay/Pushkar/everywhere.
3. What inspired you to start writing your blog?
The encouragement of family and friends who wanted to hear about our travels. Also I love to write, and I love photography, and I love travel. It’s a no-brainer really.
4. Hostels or hotels. Which do you prefer?
Definitely hotels. We’re homeless nomads. Literally. Hotels give us more of a feeling of a nest to escape to.
5. And finally, how much cheese is too much cheese?
Any cheese is too much cheese!
And thank you Baerbel and Johan at Cycling the World for the nomination. Theirs is a great blog about cycling from Europe to Asia. Wish I was that fit. And that brave. Anyone who cycles in Indian traffic is extremely courageous, or crazy, or both.
To drive in India you need three things – good brakes, a good horn, and good luck. I wish much good luck to Baerbel and Johan.
The questions from them are:
1. What would you do if you’d win the lottery?
Laugh! Cry! Jump up and down! Send lots to friends and family. Keep on travelling.
2. What’s your favorite dish? Share the recipe.
Oh you’re foodies! You like to cook! I’m so not a foodie. Don’t have any recipes. I love it that I don’t have to cook – perhaps because I worked as a cook for many years in wilderness hunting and gold mining camps in northern Canada.
3. If you were reborn as an animal, which animal would you be and why?
4. If you had to leave your home country, where would you like to live and why?
I left my home country, Australia, and moved to Canada. I didn’t choose Canada so much as it chose me. Both countries are fabulous. Now we’re nomads.
5. What is your preferred mode of transportation while traveling and why?
Flying to get across the big oceans, then trains, then on arrival walking. The only way to really see a place. Walking.
Now I’d like to nominate:
1.tandemasia– a couple who rode a tandem bike around SE Asia for months. Truly inspiring.
2.Cruising through my Life– Musings from an Indian woman. “An Electrical Engineer by profession, A poet at heart, A drama queen in real life…”
3. Diary Without Pages The wonderful creative writing of a seventeen year old.
And finally, if you’ve read the “About Us” section of the blog you’ll know I’m an obsessed figure skating fan so the last nomination is for a skating blog.
4.Morozombie – totally irreverent. Morozomie snarks with the best of them. For skating fans who like a good opinionated discussion this is it.
And our questions for all of you are:
1. What are you passionate about? (Apart from skating Morozombie)
2. What tourist attraction would you avoid like the plague?
3. What are the top three things you want to have, do, achieve, or see before you die?
4. Do you think you would ever consider becoming a nomad, and why?
5. Chocolate, vanilla or strawberry?
How it works:
As far as I can gather the Liebster Blog award began in Germany for inspiring/interesting blogs that have fewer than 200 followers. To accept the award you are asked to answer the five questions I’ve put above, and nominate three to five blogs that you think are worthy of the award and ask them your own questions.
All words and images by Alison Louise Armstrong unless otherwise noted.
© Alison Louise Armstrong and Adventures in Wonderland – a pilgrimage of the heart, 2010-2015.